Saturday, May 28, 2005

Hello folks,

Was sitting idle, not getting sleep as well as nothing much do, that it is 10:30 in the night. That is when the thought process starts. All the demons that have been exorcised come back alive, to haunt. This blog is more of my personal thoughts. So, if you don't want to read further, I understand.

I come from a small town, very much down south, with a population of less than 2 lacs. We almost knew every one in the vicinity. That was ages back. I left my town for my studies, for further studies, for work, and for every other reason one can think of. Now I am sitting 10,000 miles away from that town. But the mere thought of that town brings memories and every road, the houses and people who stayed in them are coming alive in my mind, crystal clear. The one girl I played pulling her hair, Naachiar, the friend and philosopher in love matters Dileep, my peer in studies Ravi Shankar, people who I looked upto, Tamil professor Subramaniam Pillai, Chemistry teacher Madhavan Pillai, grocery store Thanu, our spiritual guru that time Velammal ... The list is endless. All those people are coming alive in my mind when I am sitting alone, not willing to watch TV or read a book. Coming to think of it, it really amazes me how much our brain remembers. It is like a video replaying in High Definition. With every detail in place. One High resolution DVD takes around 7GB. Imagine how much our memory is, given that it can recollect what happened 20 years back in a giffy from tetrabytes of data. Amazing!!

That popped up the question, what the heck am I doing sitting 10,000 miles away, dreaming about life so far away? I am not alone. I have a bunch of friends with similar background working nearby, living nearby. Am sure they will also be going through the same motions. That always puzzled me. I have my own reasons for being where I am. I love changes. Nothing excites me than new place, new people, new things to do, new job profile. It is that quest, that drove me from that small town to the land of opportunity. Now the same trait is driving me back to India. I must also admit pressure from my wife and son to be there in India which has acted as a catalyst in the decision. All said and done I am excited at the mere thought of being just 500 miles from my small town. Here I come Nagercoil.

I am a bit relieved now that the thoughts have been brought out to this blog. I don't know whether any one will ever read this, I don't care either. It is my life and I am going to live it and remember how I lived 10 years back.

Cheers
|