Friday, May 27, 2005

This thought hit me yesterday when I was figuring out the implications of me moving to India. I have accepted the offer and have to move back to India. When looking at the modalities it haunts me. From taking a pie from income to making me pay taxes for moving my stuff from one place to another, countries vie with each other. To take my personal things from one country to another, so many procedures which numbs me. I dont get intimidated by procedures easily but this is mind blowing. Is it really that tough or the middlemen make it look tough? We call ourselves a global village now, but we have a long way to go. Moving from one place to another should be like eating a piece of pie. Till that day comes, we are not global.

Women barbers in Tirupathi!! This is height of joblessness I would say. Not the proposal to have women barbers. But the proposal itself, with people spending time to debate. What is the big deal? If women want to be barbers, so be it. Looks like they are consulting agamas and shastras written long back to see whether women can be barbers. Grow up guys. I go to a sports bar here for my hair cut and I see only womenfolk doing that job. In fact I liked their sense of style in hair cut. No wonder we are still crawling in terms of development, while we had the potential to sprint.

I have been going through blogs of late. Something really struck me. Most of the bloggers loathe discussing politics. Or they dont even want to voice their opinions, whether it is the dissolution of the Bihar assembly or the performance of the govt. That made me to ask this question seriously. Are we, the netizens give two hoots to our political views? Or is it that we dont have a view at all? What ever be your political leanings, Left, Right or Centre, we should be able to articulate ourselves better than many mass leaders through a medium like net. Why are we not putting it to practice? We have lobbies like Sugar barons, Labor unions, but where is the lobby for hardworking citizens like us? It is time that we set things right by resurrecting the fact that the middleclass hardworking citizens are not pushovers and silent spectators. Indian politics is at a stage good for such a rising. Any one who reads this, think for a second, and have this as an agenda in any of your local Blog meets. Am sure there will be opposition, but hey, what is life without its own challenges?

Now, finished my morning coffee, and dose of reading blogs. Need to get ready for the dreadgery of work. Few more weeks and I will be enjoying the Aloo tikki in Jayanagar chat shops and Manchow soup in Tiger Trail.

Cheers
|